A garden is a place where a person can grow flowers, fruit, or vegetables.
- I have a vegetable garden in my backyard. There’s a flower garden in the front yard.
- Do you have a garden?
- In the spring, we plant seeds in the garden.
- My friend, Sarah, grows tomatoes in her garden.
- Some gardens are formal and carefully maintained.
- A wildflower garden doesn’t need a lot of maintenance.
- A person who gardens professionally or as an amateur is called a gardener.
- There are many serious gardeners in my neighborhood.
- They spend a lot of their time gardening. (The word "gardening" is a gerund.)
- Gardening is a very relaxing activity.
- You can learn a lot about nature through gardening.
- A good garden starts with healthy soil.
- In the summer and the fall, we harvest the food that we have grown in our garden.
This is my garden.
Click here for more vocabulary.
July 11, 2019