To invent something is to create it. A person who invents comes up with new ideas, new products, or new solutions to problems.
- Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.
- Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.
- Who invented the automobile?
- Inventing things requires a lot of hard work and patience.
- We need to invent new methods of creating clean energy.
- What are some other things that we need to invent?
- Who first invented the wheel?
The thing that a person invents is called an invention.
- In some cases, many different people contribute to the development of an invention.
- New inventions usually make people’s lives easier or they contribute to our enjoyment of life.
- Leonardo da Vinci’s work contributed to the invention of many different kinds of machines, including some that could fly.
- What kinds of inventions do we need that will help humanity and make the Earth a better place?
A person who invents things is called an inventor.
- George Washington Carver was a famous inventor and scientist who worked in the area of agriculture.
- Johannes Gutenberg was the inventor of the printing press.
- The world is full of inventors who are working on new ideas and new products.
George Washington Carver
The word "inventive" is an adjective:
- He’s a very inventive student.
- Jessica took an inventive approach to solve the problem.
- Inventive thinking can help us solve some of our biggest problems.
Click here for more vocabulary.
July 15, 2019