Summer is a three-month season that occurs between June and September. For many people who live in the United States, it’s their favorite time of the year.
- It’s summer!
- Schools let out for the summer. (This means that they don’t have classes.)
- Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer; Labor Day marks the end of summer. (mark = indicate)
- People go to the beach in the summer.
- Men wear shorts in the summer. Women wear summer dresses.
- What do you like to do in the summer?
- In Minnesota, summer means its mosquito season.
- In Florida, it feels like summer all year round.
- Baseball is a summer sport.
- Volleyball is popular during the summer.
- I like to relax during the summer.
- Tomatoes grow well in the heat of summer.
The word "summertime" is a compound noun:
- It’s summertime.
- What do you like to do in the summertime?
- Summertime parties involve barbecued food and cold beverages.
The word "summery" is an adjective used to describe the feeling of summer. You can also use "summer like."
- It feels summery today.
- Hot and humid weather feels summery.
- Today we had summer-like weather.
- It feels summer like.
Ahh! It’s summer.