The word "hiss" is used for high-pitched sounds that are created with a long s.
- The radiator is hissing.
- My cat hissed at me.
- There’s a hissing sound coming from the bottom of the car.
- Do you hear that hissing sound?
- When the water first comes out of the sprinkler system, it sounds like a hiss.
- When asked what his name was, Cecil hissed.
- When we heard the snake hiss at us, we ran.
Some snakes hiss.
The word "hissy" is used as an adjective in front of the word "fit." A hissy fit is similar to a temper tantrum.
- Bruce threw a hissy fit when someone complained about the length of the meeting.
- Our supervisor’s hissy fits are becoming more frequent.
- Don’t throw a hissy fit!
- The little girl had a hissy fit and meltdown inside the elevator.
Click here for more vocabulary.
May 15, 2019