Blue is a color. Blue generally represents peace and tranquility, but sometimes the color blue is used to represent sadness or depression.
The color blue is a primary color (as are yellow and red) that can be used to make other colors.
- Blue and red make purple.
- Blue and yellow make green.
There are some expressions that include the word "blue."
- A person who feels blue feels sad.
- Anything that happens once in a blue moon happens very infrequently. (It doesn’t happen very often.)
- A person beaten black and blue has bruises all over his or her body.
- A situation that comes out of the blue is unexpected.
- A person who talks a blue streak talks very fast.
- Men in blue are police officers.
- A person who remains true blue is faithful and loyal.
Click here for more vocabulary words.
November 5, 2019