An activity that continues without stopping is constant.
- A person who has a constant headache should go see a doctor.
- Any sort of constant pain should be checked out by a doctor.
- Working under constant stress is not good for a person’s health.
- Living under the constant threat of danger is nerve-wracking.
- Having enough money to pay for food and housing is a constant concern for people who are poor.
- Constant, heavy rain flooded the roads and some houses.
- Construction in this area has been constant.
- Major highways have a constant flow of traffic.
- Constant noise disturbs some people.
He has to deal with constant noise every day.
The word "constantly" is an adverb.
- It’s constantly noisy in this neighborhood.
- There’s a woodpecker outside that constantly pecks at the side of my house.
- People who constantly complain are annoying.
- The Earth constantly orbits the Sun.
- The Moon constantly orbits the Earth.
- Elisa worries constantly about her children’s safety.
- Bill constantly checks his cell phone.
- A student who is constantly late to class or absent from class will be in trouble with the teacher.
Click here for more English vocabulary.
November 11, 2019