The word "music" is a noun. What you are listening to now is music.
- Do you like music?
- Do you like listening to music.
- Listening to music is a good way to relax.
- Many people like to listen to music.
- You’re listening to music.
The word "musical" can be an adjective or a noun.
- A guitar is a musical instrument.
- Is there a musical instrument that you know how to play.
- Musical instruments are fun to play.
- We saw a musical last night. (In this sentence, the word "muscial" is a noun.)
- The Sound of Music is a very famous musical.
The word "musically" is an adverb.
- Some people are musically gifted.
- Are you musically gifted?
- A musically talented person might be able to find work as a musician.
The word "musician" is a noun.
- A friend of mine works as a musician.
- A musician who plays music for a living is usually very satisfied with his or her line of work.
- Are you a musician?
Click here for more vocabulary in English.
October 21, 2019