A person who has a passion for something or someone is really motivated, inspired, interested, or stimulated. In some cases, you can use "passion" in place of the word "love."
- Ahmed has a passion for art. He loves art.
- Hilda’s passion for music inspired her to play the piano.
- Ari has a great passion for cooking.
- Traveling is a passion for Beatrice.
- If you have a passion for a particular occupation, study it in college and try to find work in that area.
- Vanessa and Tom have a strong passion for each other.
- Yelen has a passion for romance, but she hasn’t found anyone with whom to share it.
He has a passion for playing the guitar.
The word "passionate" is an adjective:
- Ayan is very passionate when she talks about gardening.
- Carl’s passionate devotion to teaching is expressed through his hard work in the classroom.
- Cindy gave her boyfriend a very passionate kiss before they parted ways at the airport.
- Connor wrote a passionate letter to his girlfriend begging her not to break up with him.
The word "passionately" is an adverb.
- The lawyer passionately argued on behalf of his client.
- Fans speak passionately about how the band’s music has changed their lives.
- Glenda passionately kissed her husband upon his return from a four-week trip.
Click here for more vocabulary.
February 14, 2020