Use the word "meager" as an adjective to talk about very small amounts.
- Todd’s meager salary is too small to take care of his growing family’s needs.
- The people stranded on the island survived on a meager amount of food.
- The help provided by the government was too meager to make any difference.
- The community provided a meager amount of assistance to the refugees who resettled there.
- A meager supply of oxygen in the water resulted in the death of thousands of fish.
- Ibuprofen provides just a meager amount of relief for someone who experiences severe pain.
- The players made a meager attempt to win the game, and so they lost.
- The town’s meager budget prohibits investment in new roads or bridges.
- The old man barely eeked out a meager existence living as a hermit in the woods.
- Okonkwo’s meager harvest of yams frustrated him and his family.
- Prehistoric people learned to survive on meager amounts of food during bad hunting seasons.
Click here for more vocabulary.
January 10, 2020