Yellow Level Quiz #5 – Auxiliary Verbs (ANSWERS)
1. He wanted to go to the movies, and so did she.
2. I like to eat Vietnamese food, and you do too.
3. Martha knows how to make a really good pizza, and Robert does too.
4. We have had the same car for over 10 years, and so have they.
5. You can play guitar really well, and so can I.
6. They decided to barbeque outside last night, and we did too.
7. She had been to that restaurant before, and so had he.
8. Sara and Oscar might get married next year, and Oscar’s brother might too. (or use “also” instead of “too”)
9. The teacher was late to class this morning, and so were the students.
10. Tigist is going to be at the party, and so is Roger.
Directions: Complete the second part of each sentence with the correct auxiliary verb. Notice that these sentences are all negative (10 points)
1. Her children don’t like to eat that kind of food, and mine don’t either.
2. I have never been to Montanta, and neither have you.
3. Jim isn’t going to get a new bike this year, and his friend Bill isn’t either.
4. He can’t play the piano very well, and neither can his sister.
5. You never do the dishes, and neither does your roommate.
6. We didn’t go to the party Saturday night, and they didn’t either.
7. His car doesn’t work anymore, and neither does his motorcycle.
8. I don’t have to go to work tomorrow, and you don’t either.
9. Jennifer doesn’t want him to leave right now, and neither does he.
10. They had never seen a shooting star before, and their neighbors hadn’t either.
Click here to return to the Yellow Level