Yellow Level Quiz #19 – Eight Parts of Speech
Directions: Indicate to which of the eight parts of speech the underlined word belongs. Is the word a verb, noun, pronoun, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, or article.
Example: The house is on fire. ______noun_______
1. This building houses thirty-five residents. ____________
2. The students who attend this school have many needs that aren’t being considered. _____________
3.After the holidays are over, prices on Christmas items are really reduced. ____________
4. The class started late because of the weather. _____________
5. Housing in this city is becoming more and more expensive.
6. Everyone was upset with Todd because he was being a real jerk at the party. _____________
7. Is this my jacket or yours? _____________
8. My jacket has a broken zipper. _____________
9. This weather is fit for neither man nor beast. _____________
10. The owner’s manual included in the box explained how to assemble the table. _____________
Directions: Label each underline word in the sentences and questions below as a verb, noun, pronoun, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, or article.
Example: The speaker went on for over an hour. _____noun______ / _____article______
1. Who has my book? ______________ / _______________
2. They‘re not interested in going to the museum today. ______________ / _______________
3. She’ll gladly help you if you ask for help. ______________ / _______________
4. A loss of confidence among bank customers caused a run on the bank. ______________ / _______________
5. Those phones are way overpriced. ______________ / _______________
6. “Neither a lender nor a borrower be,” said Polonius to Laertes. ______________ / _______________
7. The place where I grew up is still standing. ______________ / _______________
8. We took an unpaved road to the cabin. ______________ / _______________
9. All of the children were unhappy because their teacher was laid off from her position. ______________ / _______________
10. This is the least of our worries at the moment. ______________ / _______________
Click here for the answers.