Blue Level Quiz #23 - Prepositions
Directions: Fill in the blank space with a preposition. Choose from among these words (15 points):
about / among / between / from / of / out / until
1. Don't tell anyone. This is ____________ you and me.
2. Peter just returned ____________ Germany.
3. Did you hear ____________ the earthquake in Iran?
4. These shoes are made ____________ leather.
5. Please take _____________ the trash.
6. ____________ the three candidates, who is the best?
7. Sarah received a package _____________ her aunt.
8. Everyone is talking _____________ the storm.
9. Snow falls ____________ clouds.
10. We can't wait ____________ we go on vacation.
11. Put the meat and the cheese ____________ two pieces of bread to make a sandwich.
12. Have they learned nothing ____________ their experience?
13. Please wait to board the bus ____________ the other passengers have exited.
14. The hunter shot the rabbit right ____________ the eyes.
15. When your time runs ____________, you'll have to stop.
Directions: In American English, it's common to end a sentence or question with a preposition. Choose from among these words when filling in the blank. (15 points)
about / at / for / on / to / up / with
1. What is that movie ____________?
2. What are you staring ____________?
3. What did you do that ____________?
4. Who are you talking ____________?
5. We're going to a movie.
Do you want to come _____________?
6. Christmas is a holiday we look forward ______________.
7. Time's ____________. The test is finished.
8. Money is something that they worry ____________.
9. What do the letters "N.A.S.A." stand _____________?
10. Barack Obama is someone we look up ____________.
11. We need a new mattress to sleep ____________.
12. A contract is a promise that you agree ____________.
13. His opinions are very conservative.
He's not someone I can agree ____________.
14. Is that the building you work ____________?
15. What are you saving your money ___________?