So and Too
This video might help:
Here are some more examples:
Notice that the helping verb is used in the second part of the sentence.
Now it’s time for you to practice. Be sure to pay attention to the verb tenses that are used. They have to match in both sentences. After you do this exercise, you should understand. Use the subject and the connecting word in parenthesis. Write this out by hand.
1. Mary can ride a bike, and _____________________________. (John / so)
2. You like to study English, and __________________________. (she / too)
3. They lived in Mexico a long time ago, and __________________. (I / so)
4. I have been to New York, and ___________________________. (you / so)
5. She’s a student, and __________________________________. (he / too)
6. We were late to class, and ________________________. (the teacher / so)
7. I eat lots of vegetables, and __________________________. (my kids / too)
8. My computer has a power cord, and __________________. (my printer / so)
9. Bob has finished his homework, and ____________________. (Mary / too)
10. Jerry will go to the party, and __________________________. (Sue / so)
if you think you need additional practice.
Next: Lesson 17