Prepositions Quiz #1
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
above across against around at behind beside
1. My friends and I have decided to drive ______________ the United States, from New York to San Francisco.
2. If you want me to pick you up, you’ll have to tell me where you’re ______________.
3. Please go get my ladder. It’s leaning ______________ the side of the house.
4. There’s an eagle sitting way ______________ our heads in that tree.
5. Teresa and Mavin like to walk ____________ downtown Minneapolis and go to the shops on Nicollet Avenue.
6. We have to work faster. We’re falling ____________ schedule.
7. There was a lot of dust _______________ the couch, so we moved it away from the wall.
8. I insist that my dog walk ______________ me when I take her for a walk (not in front of me and not behind me).
9. Are your parents ______________ home right now?
10. Dave said he’s going to vote _______________ that candidate because he disagrees with him on many issues.
11. Do you think it would be difficult to swim _______________ the lake, from this side to the other side?
12. I’ll be hanging _______________ my apartment all day today if you want to stop by.
13. The police officer’s heroics were ______________ and beyond the call of duty.
14. Joe and Todd couldn’t see the movie very well because they were sitting ______________ a big guy wearing a tall hat.
15. Are you for or ______________ nuclear energy to replace the burning of fossil fuels?
16. She has a very hard time getting her ideas _______________ to other people.
17. Tony always wears a cross _______________ his neck.
18. Please use the napkin that’s _______________ your plate.
19. _______________ exactly 10 p.m. the fireworks are going to start. ~ Do you need help more help with prepositions? ~
20. Who was _______________ the wheel when the accident occurred?