Prepositions Quiz #3
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
into next to of off on onto out
1. Someone left a gallon of milk _______________ the kitchen counter and didn’t put it away.
2. There’s a married couple sitting ________________ each other and holding hands.
3. Scientists are _______________ discovering new ways to generate electricity cleanly and cheaply.
4. Tom’s four-year-old niece threw her doll _______________ the window and it landed on the street below.
5. There are billions and billions _______________ stars in the universe.
6. Please take _______________ your hat when you enter the church.
7. Javier walked quietly _______________ the classroom hoping the teacher wouldn’t notice he was late.
8. I made the mistake of parking my car _________________ a fire hydrant, and it was towed away.
9. After a two-hour meeting this morning, Linda is ________________ a one-hour meeting in the afternoon.
10. There was a very interesting program ________________ the radio yesterday about the war in Afghanistan.
11. Is Sam _______________ the phone yet? He called his girlfriend an hour ago, and I need to talk to him.
12. There’s a customer _______________ front who needs some help. Can you help her please?
13. A group of girls are playing volleyball _______________ the beach.
14. We need to get a couple gallons _______________ milk at the store.
15. If you put your money ________________ a savings account, it will earn interest over time.
16. Tom and Alice live _______________ a very nice family from Iran.
17. The government is trying to work _______________ a solution for the nation’s unemployment problems.
18. That old building a few doors down from was _______________ fire, so we called 911.
19. The fire department came and put _______________ the fire.
20. Kelly is really _______________ house, techno, and other kinds of music that gets played at the clubs.