Prepositions Quiz #5
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
on top of out of over per through throughout to
1. I’ll be busy ________________ the day tomorrow, so I won’t be able to call you.
2. She pulled her keys ________________ her purse and handed them to her sister.
3. You have to fly ________________ the ocean to get from Europe to the United States.
4. Stan was traveling at over 110 miles _______________ hour when the police officer stopped him for speeding.
5. You should try to stay _______________ the news if you want to know what’s happening in the world.
6. Sarah ran _____________ milk, so she went to the store to buy a few gallons.
7. You must remember to bring a pen ______________ class; otherwise, your teacher will get angry.
8. How much money does she make _______________ year at her job?
9. The only way to get to that part of the city is to cross _______________ a bridge.
10. The subway train passes _______________ a long tunnel before it arrives at the airport.
11. Henri was kicked _______________ class because he was rude to the teacher.
12. She would go ________________ the ends of the earth to help her children.
13. There are many fire stations _________________ the city.
14. You’ll have to go ________________ at least four years of college if you want to get a job that pays well.
15. The cat jumped _________________ the refrigerator and stayed there for half an hour.
16. If you don’t take that cake _______________ the oven right now, it’s going to burn.
17. For some people, it’s hard to get _________________ the day without a cigarette.
18. I need to get ________________ the bank before it closes.
19. You need to get _________________ this problem before it gets worse.
20. There have been many bloody wars fought _________________ human history.