Prepositions for Time: Quiz #7
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
about at during for in on within
1. Our plane will be landing ___________ ten minutes.
2. What do you do ____________ the day?
3. It’s going to take ____________ fifteen to twenty minutes for the pizza to be ready.
4. Meet me ___________ exactly 3:30.
5. They got to the train station just ___________ time before the train left.
6. Nora never comes to class ___________ time.
7. John came ____________ one year of retiring from his job before he died.
8. The church parking lot is always full ____________ Sundays.
9. There’s ____________ a minute remaining before the games ends.
10. Sometimes she can’t sleep ____________ night, so she takes medicine that makes her drowsy.
11. There were two women talking ____________ the entire movie. They wouldn’t be quiet.
12. We can’t wait ____________ the concert to begin. This is going to be great!
13. The books we ordered through Amazon should be here ___________ the next three to five days.
14. _____________ the wedding ceremony, it started to rain, and everyone who didn’t have an umbrella got soaked.
15. The class lasted ___________ over three hours. That was too long!
16. I’ll meet you ____________ an hour at the entrance to the store. Wait for me if I’m not there by that time.
17. They talked on the phone ___________ almost four hours.
18. He refuses to work ____________ the weekends because he wants to spend time with his family.
19. The alarm clock is set ____________ 5:30 a.m.
20. We’re looking ____________ a two-hour wait at the airport before our plane leaves.