"get" + preposition: Quiz #9
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition following the verb "get." In some of these sentences, two prepositions might be required. In some cases, there might be more than one choice for a preposition.
Example: That noise is starting to get ___on___ my nerves.
The defendant was able to get ___away___ ___with____ murder.
1. I told my kids to get ___________ the back seat of the car and put on their seatbelts.
2. It’s not easy to get __________ a really good college.
3. How much did you get __________ your car when you sold it?
4. Rachel is still trying to get ___________ the death of her husband.
5. The best way to get ____________ town is to ride a bike.
6. It’s 8:00 a.m. If Peter doesn’t get ___________ _________bed soon, he’s going to be late for work.
7. To get __________ the river, drivers have to drive over this bridge.
8. To get ___________ the tunnel, drivers will have to pay a toll.
9. How well do you get __________ _________ your coworkers?
10. A local resident should be able to tell us how to get __________ the nearest hospital.
11. The truck driver decided to get ___________ the highway because he needed some gas.
12. Joe thought he had the right key for the door to the house, but he couldn’t use it to get _________.
13. The next train station is our stop. That’s where we have to get __________.
14. What time will she get _________ ___________ work tonight.
15. It’s hard to get ___________ on a minimum wage salary.
16. If Sam would get __________ more often, he’d be able to meet new people.
17. The best way to get __________ a horse is by using a saddle.
18. The main message that they got ___________ the meeting was that the company needed to increase sales.
19. Get ________ __________ there! It’s dangerous.
20. When going to bed in the winter, people get ___________ the covers to keep warm.