1. Q: Which highway is this?
A: It’s Highway 66.
A: It’s Route 66.
2. Q: How far away is Barstow?
A: It’s 112 miles away.
3. Q: What’s the difference in distance between Amboy and Barstow?
A: The difference is 79 miles.
B: Barstow is 79 miles away from Amboy.
4. Q: If you have problems with your car while driving on the highway, what can you do?
A: You can pull over to the shoulder of the road.
A: You can stop at a gas station.
A: You can try to hitch a ride to the nearest exit. (hitch a ride = stick out your thumb and hope that someone will stop to give you a ride)
5. Q: Have you ever driven on an American highway?
A: Yes, I have. / No, I haven’t.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.