the past tense: be (ANSWERS)
Question: Who was at the door?
Answer: Our neighbor was at the door.
1. Question: How was the movie?
Answer: The movie was very good.
2. Question: What was his name?
Answer: His name was Bob.
3. Question: How many students were there in class?
Answer: There were 18 students in class.
4. Question: What time was the movie over?
Answer: The movie was over at 7:30.
5. Question: How long was the class?
Answer: The class was two hours long
6. Question: Where was the fire?
Answer: The fire was on the fourth floor of the building.
7. Question: Why were you late?
Answer: I was late because of traffic.
8. Question: Who were you with last night?
Answer: I was with my friends last night
9. Question: How much was it?
Answer: It was five dollars.
10. Question: When was she in New York?
Answer: She was in New York in 2005.
Click here for more exercises.