Use the word "magic" to describe something that is hard to believe, incredible, or beautiful.
Magic is performed by a magician.
The magician often uses a magic wand to perform tricks.
| A magician can make things appear and disappear. How does he do it? It’s magic. |
We use the word "magic" for many different situations:
- This cleaning solution works like magic. (It’s very good.)
- The musician used some sort of magic to make his guitar produce such amazing sounds.
- There’s no magic required in order to succeed. It just takes hard work.
- The politician had a magical effect on the audience. (The word "magical" is an adjective.)
- The full moon created a sense of magic for the young man and woman as they walked hand in hand along the river.
- There is a magical quality to many of Rembrandt’s paintings.
- Do you believe in magic? (This question is commonly asked when something good happens to a person: love, luck, fame, fortune, happiness, etc.)
You’ll enjoy this video if you like magic tricks.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on July 13, 2012. It was updated on March 11, 2016.