Word of the Day – November 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. There’s no _________ they’ll be able to finish all that work on time.
2. The workers at that store __________ make enough money to keep their families fed.
3. What’s the __________ for fixing my car?
4. The boat slipped through a very __________ passageway before it headed out to the ocean.
5. Maria gently __________ her baby to sleep.
6. What kind of wine should we __________ to the party?
7. Restaurants and bars in the U.S. won’t __________ alcohol to minors.
8. All of the students in the class are going on the field trip, ___________ for one. Her parents never signed the permission form.
9. Todd barely __________ the test with a score of 63%.
10. Americans ___________ away too much uneaten food.
11. It’s a good idea to ___________ things that are valuable in case they are lost, stolen, or damaged.
12. Where do you __________ for groceries?
13. The smell of ___________ turkey filled our house on Thanksgiving.
14. Gary wants to __________ the fire. Does anyone have a match?
15. If you like to __________ early, the early bird special at that restaurant is served before 5 p.m.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save