Word of the Day – April 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Todd acted like a __________ at the wedding. He embarrassed himself and his family.
2. Will this company __________ someone with a criminal record?
3. If Bill weren’t feeling so __________, he’d go to work today–but he’s too sick.
4. The __________ age at which men get married in the United States is 28.
5. It’s not a good idea to __________ with a police officer if you’ve done something wrong.
6. This knife is too __________ to cut through the rope.
7. __________ me a postcard when you get to Paris.
8. There was a feeling of __________ as families gathered to see the names of passengers killed in the accident.
9. A __________ opportunity that comes around only once in a lifetime presented itself, so Vera took advantage of it.
10. Whenever a person handles __________ chicken, it’s necessary to wash with hot soap and water the utensils and surfaces that touched the chicken.
11. After years of smoking, Brian has a very bad __________.
12. The doctors say that she’s making a slow but __________ improvement after her surgery.
13. The people of Boston continue to __________ the loss of life following the two bombs that exploded during the running of the Boston Marathon.
14. If you give the machine a __________, it’ll start to work again.
15. A group of filmmakers want to ___________ a movie in our neighborhood.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. fool ; 2. hire; 3. lousy; 4. average; 5. argue; 6. dull; 7. Write; 8. dread; 9. unique;
10. raw ; 11. cough; 12. gradual; 13. mourn; 14. nudge ; 15. shoot
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save