Word of the Day – April 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Todd acted like a __________ at the wedding. He embarrassed himself and his family.
2. Will this company __________ someone with a criminal record?
3. If Bill weren’t feeling so __________, he’d go to work today–but he’s too sick.
4. The __________ age at which men get married in the United States is 28.
5. It’s not a good idea to __________ with a police officer if you’ve done something wrong.
6. This knife is too __________ to cut through the rope.
7. __________ me a postcard when you get to Paris.
8. There was a feeling of __________ as families gathered to see the names of passengers killed in the accident.
9. A __________ opportunity that comes around only once in a lifetime presented itself, so Vera took advantage of it.
10. Whenever a person handles __________ chicken, it’s necessary to wash with hot soap and water the utensils and surfaces that touched the chicken.
11. After years of smoking, Brian has a very bad __________.
12. The doctors say that she’s making a slow but __________ improvement after her surgery.
13. The people of Boston continue to __________ the loss of life following the two bombs that exploded during the running of the Boston Marathon.
14. If you give the machine a __________, it’ll start to work again.
15. A group of filmmakers want to ___________ a movie in our neighborhood.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save