Word of the Day – November 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Bill worked up a __________ appetite after fishing all day.
2. Would you __________ remove your shoes? Thank-you.
3. Tina’s __________ with shoes is well known.
4. In the United States, it’s not legal to discriminate against someone based on __________.
5. The young man put his entire future in __________ by failing all of his classes.
6. The money they paid in taxes was in __________ of what they owed, so they got a refund.
7. I can’t __________ how much it’s going to cost to get the car fixed.
8. A __________ was established to help the survivors of the typhoon.
9. A large Thanksgiving __________ shared with family and friends is an American tradition.
10. They’re going to __________ Todd because he’s always late to work.
11. __________ from Minnesota forests is found in the construction of homes around the country.
12. If you __________ the recipe for these cookies, you’ll have two batches.
13. Our receptionist was __________ from the office today, so the manager greeted visitors instead.
14. Can I borrow a __________? I want to buy a Pepsi.
15. A woman on the flight experienced some ___________ and spent an hour in the bathroom.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.