Word of the Day – November 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Bill worked up a __________ appetite after fishing all day.
2. Would you __________ remove your shoes? Thank-you.
3. Tina’s __________ with shoes is well known.
4. In the United States, it’s not legal to discriminate against someone based on __________.
5. The young man put his entire future in __________ by failing all of his classes.
6. The money they paid in taxes was in __________ of what they owed, so they got a refund.
7. I can’t __________ how much it’s going to cost to get the car fixed.
8. A __________ was established to help the survivors of the typhoon.
9. A large Thanksgiving __________ shared with family and friends is an American tradition.
10. They’re going to __________ Todd because he’s always late to work.
11. __________ from Minnesota forests is found in the construction of homes around the country.
12. If you __________ the recipe for these cookies, you’ll have two batches.
13. Our receptionist was __________ from the office today, so the manager greeted visitors instead.
14. Can I borrow a __________? I want to buy a Pepsi.
15. A woman on the flight experienced some ___________ and spent an hour in the bathroom.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save