You can use the word "eager" as an adjective to describe a person who really wants to do something, or a person is prepared and interested in completing some kind of work.
- The children are eager to begin school.
- Bob is an eager employee. He always arrives to work early.
- The doctor was assisted by a young and eager nurse.
- Cynthia is eager to find out what her test scores were.
- The residents of the village are eager to find a better supply for water.
- Eager moviegoers packed the cinema before the show began.
The word "eagerly" is an adverb:
- Everyone is eagerly waiting for news about Sofia’s baby. Did she have it yet?
- The passengers eagerly boarded the boat to begin their journey.
- Ted is working eagerly on his project.
Note: Beavers are generally considered to be hard-working animals, always cutting down trees and building shelters. A hard-working person is sometimes referred to as an "eager beaver."
This is a beaver.
Click here to learn more words.
October 5, 2013