Word of the Day – April 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Completing the project in _________ produced a bad outcome.
2. Try not to __________ too much about your grades.
3. An emergency ___________ prepared everyone for the possibility of a tornado.
4. The teacher assigned a 500-page __________ to be read over the summer.
5. Why does she have such a negative ___________ about everything?
6. Peter feels __________ that he will do well on the test.
7. After a ___________ week of final exams, the students were glad to have a break.
8. Vanessa writes in her __________ every day in order to improve her writing.
9. It’s a good idea to ____________ your writing skills before you go to college.
10. The __________ of the investigation will be made public later today.
11. ___________ is the study of a word’s history.
12. It’s difficult to use a computer if you don’t know how to __________.
13. The police officer asked for the make and the __________ of the car involved in the crime.
14. A student shouldn’t __________ when it come to studying.
15. What time did the class __________ this morning?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save