To review something is to give it a close look or look at it a second or third time for the purpose of studying or decision making.
- The students reviewed their notes before the test.
- Our teacher posted a review online. (This sentence uses "review" as a noun.)
- It’s important to study and review irregular verbs frequently until they are memorized.
- We should have an accountant review our taxes.
- Anna and Robert are reviewing their business plans.
Anna and Robert are reviewing some plans.
When the word "review" is used as a noun, it could be a form of criticism or a complimentary description.
- People post their reviews of businesses that they like or don’t like on yelp.com.
- The movie we’re going to see got some good reviews.
- Kim received a positive review from her supervisor, and with it came a raise. (raise = an increase in salary)
- The review of the play was mostly negative.
- A few bad reviews online can ruin a business.
Click here to learn more words.
April 18, 2014