Word of the Day – August 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Tanya is trying to __________ two part-time jobs with her duties as a mother of three.
2. Robin Williams was a famous movie __________ who died suddenly this month.
3. After quitting smoking two years ago, Jim is afraid that he might ___________.
4. Many people nowadays feel __________ without their cell phones.
5. Don’t buy that yogurt if the ___________ on the container is broken.
6. Your counselor will __________ you and help you decide which college courses to take.
7. Because our time in Europe was limited to just a few weeks, we tried to __________ as many activities as possible into our schedule.
8. Were you able to watch the sun ________ this morning?
9. Eva should follow her teacher’s ___________ if she wants to be successful.
10. Timmy said he had an __________ stomach, so his mother gave him Pepto-Bismol.
11. __________ you’ll know how to speak English fluently, but you have to study every day.
12. Investigators finally discovered the ___________ of the accident.
13. How much email do you ___________ every day?
14. Edward is too ___________ to donate money to a charity.
15. I’m sorry. I’m not trying to __________ with all of these grammar lessons.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.