Word of the Day – August 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Tanya is trying to __________ two part-time jobs with her duties as a mother of three.
2. Robin Williams was a famous movie __________ who died suddenly this month.
3. After quitting smoking two years ago, Jim is afraid that he might ___________.
4. Many people nowadays feel __________ without their cell phones.
5. Don’t buy that yogurt if the ___________ on the container is broken.
6. Your counselor will __________ you and help you decide which college courses to take.
7. Because our time in Europe was limited to just a few weeks, we tried to __________ as many activities as possible into our schedule.
8. Were you able to watch the sun ________ this morning?
9. Eva should follow her teacher’s ___________ if she wants to be successful.
10. Timmy said he had an __________ stomach, so his mother gave him Pepto-Bismol.
11. __________ you’ll know how to speak English fluently, but you have to study every day.
12. Investigators finally discovered the ___________ of the accident.
13. How much email do you ___________ every day?
14. Edward is too ___________ to donate money to a charity.
15. I’m sorry. I’m not trying to __________ with all of these grammar lessons.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save