Word of the Day – June 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Nadia went to the bakery to get a __________ bagels.
2. If you can’t stand the __________, get out of the kitchen.
3. We should __________ these vegetables before we eat them.
4. Birds begin to __________ just before the sun rises.
5. It’s important to __________ an apartment that’s close to public transportation.
6. Bill has __________ food on his plate. He doesn’t need any more.
7. Be careful when you __________ the car out of the garage.
8. Let the beans __________ overnight before cooking them.
9. This lettuce tastes fresh and __________.
10. It was an __________ to meet the President.
11. Brandon and Wes drove through the desert just for the __________ of it.
12. __________ that burger over before it burns.
13. I can’t eat this cereal. It’s too __________.
14. Their apartment is so __________, it’s difficult to walk around inside of it.
15. The salesperson can __________ assistance if you need any help.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.