Word of the Day – June 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Nadia went to the bakery to get a __________ bagels.
2. If you can’t stand the __________, get out of the kitchen.
3. We should __________ these vegetables before we eat them.
4. Birds begin to __________ just before the sun rises.
5. It’s important to __________ an apartment that’s close to public transportation.
6. Bill has __________ food on his plate. He doesn’t need any more.
7. Be careful when you __________ the car out of the garage.
8. Let the beans __________ overnight before cooking them.
9. This lettuce tastes fresh and __________.
10. It was an __________ to meet the President.
11. Brandon and Wes drove through the desert just for the __________ of it.
12. __________ that burger over before it burns.
13. I can’t eat this cereal. It’s too __________.
14. Their apartment is so __________, it’s difficult to walk around inside of it.
15. The salesperson can __________ assistance if you need any help.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save