Word of the Day – May 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A light morning __________ made everything wet.
2. English is a difficult language to ___________ when you learn it as an adult.
3. The hotel __________ was very polite and accommodating.
4. Bob got so mad he put his __________ through the wall.
5. The library has a __________ collection of CDs and DVDs that may be borrowed.
6. The project was completed in __________; therefore, several mistakes were made.
7. We were exhausted after climbing up a long, __________ hill.
8. It’s possible your water pipes will __________ if they freeze during the winter.
9. Offering his seat to the elderly lady on the bus was a very kind ___________.
10. She looks absolutely __________ in that long silver gown.
11. You should always __________ your seatbelt before you go anywhere in a car.
12. If you don’t __________ that constantly over low heat, it will burn.
13. Kids in the classroom used __________ to put their art project together.
14. Watch your __________. You might trip over that rug.
15. It’s a good idea to __________ the things that you want to do first.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.