Word of the Day – May 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A light morning __________ made everything wet.
2. English is a difficult language to ___________ when you learn it as an adult.
3. The hotel __________ was very polite and accommodating.
4. Bob got so mad he put his __________ through the wall.
5. The library has a __________ collection of CDs and DVDs that may be borrowed.
6. The project was completed in __________; therefore, several mistakes were made.
7. We were exhausted after climbing up a long, __________ hill.
8. It’s possible your water pipes will __________ if they freeze during the winter.
9. Offering his seat to the elderly lady on the bus was a very kind ___________.
10. She looks absolutely __________ in that long silver gown.
11. You should always __________ your seatbelt before you go anywhere in a car.
12. If you don’t __________ that constantly over low heat, it will burn.
13. Kids in the classroom used __________ to put their art project together.
14. Watch your __________. You might trip over that rug.
15. It’s a good idea to __________ the things that you want to do first.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save