Word of the Day – January 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Samantha’s death was caused by __________ failure.
2. To be __________ for U.S. citizenship, you have to pass a written and oral test.
3. One of the first things a person learns to play on a guitar is a G __________.
4. For an extra fifty dollars we decided to __________ to the executive suite at the hotel.
5. Please wipe your feet on the __________ before entering the house.
6. An ___________ caller phoned in a bomb threat to a government building.
7. You can learn English online for free if you __________ the right websites.
8. A pair of earrings is a very nice gift for a young __________.
9. Faduma is worried about getting _________, so she’s going to go on a diet.
10. Tom fell thought the ice because it was too __________.
11. A woman at the store allowed us to ___________ the fruit before we bought some.
12. __________ the potatoes before you boil them.
13. Public ___________ in the United States is supported mostly by donations from listeners.
14. Tony was surprised by how much revenue his little pizzeria was able to ___________.
15. A prom is a __________ attended by junior and senior high school students at the end of the year.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.