Word of the Day – January 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Samantha’s death was caused by __________ failure.
2. To be __________ for U.S. citizenship, you have to pass a written and oral test.
3. One of the first things a person learns to play on a guitar is a G __________.
4. For an extra fifty dollars we decided to __________ to the executive suite at the hotel.
5. Please wipe your feet on the __________ before entering the house.
6. An ___________ caller phoned in a bomb threat to a government building.
7. You can learn English online for free if you __________ the right websites.
8. A pair of earrings is a very nice gift for a young __________.
9. Faduma is worried about getting _________, so she’s going to go on a diet.
10. Tom fell thought the ice because it was too __________.
11. A woman at the store allowed us to ___________ the fruit before we bought some.
12. __________ the potatoes before you boil them.
13. Public ___________ in the United States is supported mostly by donations from listeners.
14. Tony was surprised by how much revenue his little pizzeria was able to ___________.
15. A prom is a __________ attended by junior and senior high school students at the end of the year.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save