Word of the Day – June 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Jeremy lost his __________ and fell off of his bike.
2. I ________ you improve your English this year.
3. The poor woman went _________ after spending so many years by herself.
4. A poor __________ on the economy sent stock markets around the world into a downward spriral.
5. It’s a good idea to __________ some of your time to learning how to speak another language.
6. Melissa studied __________ in college, and now she works at a gallery in Chicago.
7. Studying with other good students should __________ you to study harder.
8. Several well-known performance artists have travelled to Iraq and Afghanistan to __________ the troops.
9. Robert and Alice bought a large three-acre __________ and built a house on it.
10. Many new immigrants think life is the U.S. will be easy, but when they arrive they quickly learn how __________ their new lives can be.
11. It’s not a good idea to __________ your finger into another person during an argument.
12. When Mike first bought his car he loved it, but now after spending money on a lot of repairs he thinks it’s a piece of __________.
13. Is that a real diamond or is it __________?
14. Worshippers inside a mosque or a church frequently _________ as they pray.
15. The winner of the award made a __________ acceptance speech and thanked everyone around him.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.