Word of the Day – June 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Jeremy lost his __________ and fell off of his bike.
2. I ________ you improve your English this year.
3. The poor woman went _________ after spending so many years by herself.
4. A poor __________ on the economy sent stock markets around the world into a downward spriral.
5. It’s a good idea to __________ some of your time to learning how to speak another language.
6. Melissa studied __________ in college, and now she works at a gallery in Chicago.
7. Studying with other good students should __________ you to study harder.
8. Several well-known performance artists have travelled to Iraq and Afghanistan to __________ the troops.
9. Robert and Alice bought a large three-acre __________ and built a house on it.
10. Many new immigrants think life is the U.S. will be easy, but when they arrive they quickly learn how __________ their new lives can be.
11. It’s not a good idea to __________ your finger into another person during an argument.
12. When Mike first bought his car he loved it, but now after spending money on a lot of repairs he thinks it’s a piece of __________.
13. Is that a real diamond or is it __________?
14. Worshippers inside a mosque or a church frequently _________ as they pray.
15. The winner of the award made a __________ acceptance speech and thanked everyone around him.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save