Word of the Day – March 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. What would __________ if I mixed baking soda and vinegar together?
2. A bank is a __________ place to keep your money.
3. The man walked with a __________ after he was shot in the leg.
4. If you like __________ food, you’re going to love the hamburgers here.
5. Jean and Albert and good sons. They __________ their elderly mother whenever she goes shopping.
6. After an __________ six weeks of practice, Olga felt well prepared for the competition.
7. A __________ hygienist is a person who cleans and polishes your teeth.
8. You’re going to __________ out when you hear what I have to tell you.
9. Anyone who wants to __________ outside in winter needs an insulated sleeping bag.
10. The old dog began to __________ shortly after her owner took her for a walk.
11. If you think you’re going to __________ it’s a good idea to wear an undershirt.
12. Amina hopes to __________ a lawyer after she finishes college.
13. If the frosting on the cake is too __________, it will be too sweet.
14. The school __________ for the fastest time in the 100 meter dash remains unbroken.
15. After hiking through a wet swampy area, our boots were covered with __________.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.