Word of the Day – May 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. If you don’t ________ up your bike, it might get stolen.
2. The garage door opener is absolutely ________ without the battery.
3. It will cost a few __________ to buy new appliances for the kitchen.
4. This is a _________ problem which can easily be fixed.
5. How does the government _________ how much we owe in taxes?
6. Sheila believes a ________ is responsible for her run of bad luck.
7. You can hang your coat up on the ________ by the door.
8. Edgar was excited to announce that he made a new __________ at school today.
9. The misbehaving students decided not to __________ with the substitute teacher.
10. Oscar got down on one _________ and proposed marriage to his girlfriend.
11. We’ll need an ________ from the city before building a new house at this location.
12. The doctor said I could control my weight through diet and __________.
13. The _________ year usually begins in late August or early September.
14. The Nelsons bought a _________ table for their basement.
15. During the wedding reception, the best man made a _________ to the newly married couple, Oscar and Betty.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.