Word of the Day – February 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. In the spring, workers go to the fields to __________ strawberries.
2. A sudden __________ in the price of a gallon of gas shocked consumers.
3. It’s not polite to __________ about your own accomplishments.
4. People who don’t __________ the law are likely to end up in jail.
5. Does anyone know ___________ car alarm is making all that noise in the parking lot?
6. Most homeowners like to keep a fire extinguisher __________ in case of a fire.
7. What’s the __________ of the home that you live in?
8. That woman looks very __________, I wonder if I have met her before.
9. If a potato chip doesn’t __________, it’s probably stale.
10. An investor makes money on an investment if his or her ___________ is good.
11. Let’s __________ this big pile of garbage to the dump with a trailer.
12. It’s not __________ to learn another language–especially English!
13. __________ the car into reverse if you want to back up.
14. Without a ___________ form of identification, you can’t board an airplane.
15. The waitress will try to __________ you with dessert after you have finished eating your dinner.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. gather; 2. increase; 3. brag; 4. respect; 5. whose; 6. handy; 7. value; 8. familiar; 9. crunch; 10. timing; 11. haul
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save