Word of the Day – February 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. In the spring, workers go to the fields to __________ strawberries.
2. A sudden __________ in the price of a gallon of gas shocked consumers.
3. It’s not polite to __________ about your own accomplishments.
4. People who don’t __________ the law are likely to end up in jail.
5. Does anyone know ___________ car alarm is making all that noise in the parking lot?
6. Most homeowners like to keep a fire extinguisher __________ in case of a fire.
7. What’s the __________ of the home that you live in?
8. That woman looks very __________, I wonder if I have met her before.
9. If a potato chip doesn’t __________, it’s probably stale.
10. An investor makes money on an investment if his or her ___________ is good.
11. Let’s __________ this big pile of garbage to the dump with a trailer.
12. It’s not __________ to learn another language–especially English!
13. __________ the car into reverse if you want to back up.
14. Without a ___________ form of identification, you can’t board an airplane.
15. The waitress will try to __________ you with dessert after you have finished eating your dinner.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save