Word of the Day – March 2016 Quiz #46
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A person who needs to lose weight should go on a ___________.
2. It was a ____________ that anyone was able to survive the accident.
3. Emergency crews quickly arrived at the scene of an ___________ on the highway.
4. Use a broom to ___________ the floor.
5. Children tend to _____________ their clothes quickly as they get older.
6. What does popular music in Cuba _____________ like?
7. Passengers will be allowed to ____________ the airplane after they go through security.
8. Mangoes are very ___________ when they are ripe.
9. It’s not possible to _____________ everyone we know to the wedding.
10. Mr. Nelson didn’t realize his ____________ was down until someone said something. How embarrassing!
11. At every desk there should be a roll of ___________ for putting things together.
12. Rhonda began to feel __________ when she heard that her friend had just died.
13. Don’t wait until the weekend to do the _____________ shopping. It will be too busy.
14. The baby didn’t like the taste of her food, so she __________ it out.
15. Known as the Great Depression, the 1930s was a very difficult ___________ for the U.S. economy.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.