Word of the Day – March 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A person who needs to lose weight should go on a ___________.
2. It was a ____________ that anyone was able to survive the accident.
3. Emergency crews quickly arrived at the scene of an ___________ on the highway.
4. Use a broom to ___________ the floor.
5. Children tend to _____________ their clothes quickly as they get older.
6. What does popular music in Cuba _____________ like?
7. Passengers will be allowed to ____________ the airplane after they go through security.
8. Mangoes are very ___________ when they are ripe.
9. It’s not possible to _____________ everyone we know to the wedding.
10. Mr. Nelson didn’t realize his ____________ was down until someone said something. How embarrassing!
11. At every desk there should be a roll of ___________ for putting things together.
12. Rhonda began to feel __________ when she heard that her friend had just died.
13. Don’t wait until the weekend to do the _____________ shopping. It will be too busy.
14. The baby didn’t like the taste of her food, so she __________ it out.
15. Known as the Great Depression, The 1930s was a very difficult ___________ for the U.S. economy.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save