March 22, 2016
The word "tape" often refers to a long, flat piece of flexible material. This material is used for fixing things, putting things together, measuring things, and for recording audio and video. This word can be used as a noun or as a verb.
The word "tape" is often used as a verb:
- Gifts are wrapped and taped before they are given to a person who receives the gift.
- Before painting, the molding and the woodwork in your home should be taped.
- To record a show on TV, you can tape it. (The word "tape" is still used even when digital recording is the method of storage.)
- The police tape off an area where a crime has been committed.
- Before taping someone with video, you should ask for that person’s permission.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.