Word of the Day – September 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A newlywed is a person who was __________ married.
2. Rhonda wants to lose some weight, so she’s going to __________ a health club.
3. A sudden __________ was felt by everyone on the train when it stopped.
4. A person who drinks too much coffee might feel a little __________.
5. Tom picked out a nice blue __________ to wear with some khaki slacks.
6. The salesperson convinced Ali that the car was a good deal, but it turned out to be a big piece of __________.
7. A person will get thrown into __________ for drinking while driving.
8. Xavier goes for a daily __________ in the morning in order to keep his weight down.
9. Freshly squeezed orange __________ doesn’t have any extra sugar in it.
10. It’s a __________ to do work that allows for creativity and self-expression.
11. You put your own life in __________ if you don’t wear a seatbelt while driving.
12. The public demands ___________ when it learns about a terrible crime.
13. A single mother who goes to college has to __________ a job, family responsibilities, and schoolwork.
14. Strawberry __________ on toast is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast.
15. What kind of a __________ would force his employees to work on Christmas?
16. Joe’s backyard has so many trees in it that it looks like a __________.
17. Rosa told a funny __________ which made everyone in the class laugh.
18. It’s a good idea to keep extremely expensive ___________ in a fireproof safe.
19. Tom’s car needs a __________ because his battery is dead.
20. One of the warning signs for a heart attack is __________ pain.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. just; 2. join; 3. jolt; 4. jittery; 5. jacket; 6. junk ; 7. jail; 8. jog; 9. juice; 10. joy; 11. jeopardy; 12. justice; 13. juggle; 14. jam; 15. jerk; 16. jungle; 17. joke; 18. jewelry; 19. jump; 20. jaw