The word "sign" can be used as a verb or as a noun when describing forms of communication.
When the word "sign" is used as a verb, it means that a person is providing proof of an agreement:
Jonathon signed his name on a rental agreement.
I sign my name when making a purchase with a credit card.
When you sign a contract, your signature makes it a binding agreement.
He’s putting a signature on a contract.
There are many different ways to use the word "sign" as a noun:
- Two fingers spread and held in the air form a peace sign.
- A peace sign can also take the form of a symbol universally recognized around the word.
- Signs can indicate when a business is having a sale.
- Signs on doors tell customers a store is open or closed.
- Some signs tell people what they can or cannot do.
- An American dollar sign is in the form of an "S" with a vertical line going through it.
- A sign can be a symptom for a disease such as cancer or a condition that leads to a heart attack.
- Dizziness might be a symptom or a sign that a person is going to have a heart attack.
- Some people look to nature or to an event in their lives as a sign from God.
- Is a big storm a sign from God or just another natural event?
Click here to learn more new words.
Published on December 19, 2017