To exhibit something is to show it, present it, or put it on display. This word can be used as a verb or as a noun.
- Museums exhibit art.
- We attended an art exhibit at a museum.
- The exhibit featured many interesting examples of modern art.
- Some of the artists who were exhibiting their work were available to talk about their paintings.
There were many artists at the exhibit.
- An older person who suddenly becomes very forgetful might be exhibiting signs of dementia.
- A person who exhibits signs of a disease should visit a doctor.
- A woman’s pregnancy is exhibited by a swollen abdomen.
- Children who are very smart exhibit signs of their intelligence at an early age.
- If your child exhibits an interest in music, you should encourage him or her to play a musical instrument.
- Companies like to exhibit their products at trade fairs.
The word "exhibition" is a noun.
- The general public may attend a large exhibition of new cars when visiting an auto show.
- Exhibitions of new technology at a convention might include gadgets for the home such as security systems and smart appliances.
Click here for more English vocabulary.
December 5, 2019