Click here for audio.
To guzzle is to consume large quantities of liquid. Here are some examples of ways to use the word "guzzle."
- After spending eight hours working under a hot sun, Frank guzzled a half gallon of water.
- People who watch football games on TV eat snacks and guzzle beer.
- College students have a reputation for guzzling beer at parties.
- Iced tea is guzzled when it’s hot outside.
- Guzzling too much of anything can make you feel sick.
- Jose guzzled three cups of coffee before leaving for work this morning.
The word "guzzle" is also used for machines that use gasoline:
- Large SUVs guzzle gas.
- Amy drives a gas guzzler.
- Cars built before the 1980s were especially prone to gas guzzling.
- Todd is proud to announce to everyone how much gas his truck guzzles in a week.
- Guzzling gas results in increased CO2 emissions.
- Do you drive a gas guzzling vehicle?
Learn more vocabulary by clicking here.
January 9, 2019