Yellow Level Quiz #12 – Using “fewer” and “less” for comparisons; using “fewest” and “least” as superlatives
Directions: Complete each sentence with “fewer” or “less.”
1. There were __________ men at the party than women.
2. I have __________ time to do things this year than last year.
3. We need __________ help this week compared to last week.
4. George worked __________ than 30 hours this week.
5. Many Americans are choosing to have __________ children because of the economy.
6. They made __________ money this year than last year.
7. I hope you are making __________ mistakes with your English since you started coming to this website.
8. There’s __________ daylight in the winter than in the summer.
9. There are __________ hours of darkness in the summer than in the winter.
10. __________ people want to go into that profession these days.
11. ___________ and ___________ customers are buying those products.
12. We’re using ___________ water now after installing water-saving toilets.
13. He has __________ opportunities to find a job without a college degree.
14. You should use __________ butter in this cookie recipe than the recipe calls for.
15. There’s __________ and __________ work available for people who need jobs.
16. She spent __________ time this month practicing her violin which resulted in some poor performances.
17. I’ve noticed __________ mosquitoes this year compared to last year.
18. Our teacher gave us __________ homework today than yesterday.
19. It would be __________ of a hassle if you could just take care of the situation yourself.
20. They have __________financial problems this year because their father found a new job that pays well.
Directions: Complete each sentence with “fewest” or “least.”
1. Of all the houses we saw, I liked that one the __________.
2. They have the __________ new members compared to the other groups.
3. Don’t mention it. It was the __________ I could do.
4. This recipe uses the __________ oil.
5. Compared to other years, the hospital recorded the _________ number of deaths related to gun-shot wounds.
6. This is the __________ of my worries.
7. We received the ___________ new applications this year compared to all the other years we have been in business.
8. Their company had the ___________ violations within their industry.
9. I’ve owned many good cars during my lifetime. This one has given me the ___________ trouble.
10. During the week, we see the __________ students on Thursday.
Click here for the answers.